©2019 by Pacific Northwest News & Entertainment In Collaboration with BOKI CREATIVE
 

Motor Home Fire In South Beach



At approximately 7:30 pm on Thursday March 14, 2019, Newport Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a motor home on fire at an RV Park located on SE 123rd Street in South Beach. First arriving units observed heavy smoke coming from a 40-foot motor home with flames shooting through the roof. Neighbors were attempting to extinguish the flames with garden hoses.

Fire crews were able to extinguish the fire in just a few minutes. Search and extinguishment of hot spots took less than an hour. The fire was contained to the motor home. No other RV’s were damaged. The occupants escaped unharmed with their two dogs.

Newport Fire Department received mutual aid assistance from Lincoln County Sherriff’s Office and Seal Rock Fire District. Newport Fire Department responded with 2 fire engines, 1 water tender, 1 chief officer and 12 firefighters.

The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical failure in the refrigerator. The RV park found alternate accommodations for the displaced residents.

0 views